antihemophilic factor

(redirected from AHF.)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.

antihemophilic factor

[¦an·tē‚hē·mə′fil·ik ‚fak·tər]
(biochemistry)
A soluble protein clotting factor in mammalian blood. Also known as factor VIII; thromboplastinogen.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Digitalis (17.18%) was the most frequently used inotropic agent administered to the patients with AHF. Oral drugs were given less to AHF patients in the EDs, and diuretics (41.23%) remained the most commonly prescribed oral drugs.
More than half of the patients (57%, n = 566) presented with ADCHF while the rest (43%; n = 422) had de novo AHF. Comorbid conditions were common, particularly hypertension (72%; n = 711), coronary artery disease (CAD) (55%; n = 547), diabetes mellitus (53%; n = 528), and hyperlipidemia (46%; n = 454).
I have a lot of information of hockey activities in Bahrain and it is the objective of the FIH to make BHA an official member of FIH and AHF. Once your entry is formalised then it will open up doors for you to participate under an official umbrella and you can have more opportunities to interact with the rest of the global family.
AHF made the Johnson & Johnson Companies aware that we were wrongly charged the non-discounted prices before filing this lawsuit, but the J&J Companies have refused to reimburse AHF for the excess amounts it paid for J&J's drugs, said Michael Weinstein, President of AHF. As a result, J&J has now forced AHF to seek judicial intervention to obtain the critically needed discounted drug pricing to which AHF isand wasentitled.
Award-winning novelist Ralph Ellison occupies the middle ground in the black debate over AHF. In his essay "Twentieth-Century Fiction and the Black Mask of Humanity" Ellison, who kept a photo of Twain on his desk, admired Huck and Jim's "compelling image of black and white fraternity" and lauded what he felt was Twain's salutary influence on black writers, but ultimately found the presentation of Jim "a white man's inadequate portrait of a slave" (Ellison, 1958, p.
I got my BA at Concordia, and even before I was finished school, I was hired, and I actually was a sexual assault counsellor through the AHF. ...
The aim of our study was to investigate the diagnostic accuracy of MPO for AHF and its value for risk stratification in patients with AHF.