Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Aboriginal people in urban Australia share this circumstance of fragmented selves.
Some Aboriginal students arrive on campus from rural communities or reserves and may not be completely comfortable in an unfamiliar city or university setting," said Timmons.
As for Aboriginal people generally, so for Aboriginal youth.
This includes the employment of Aboriginal people as we are a major employer in western Sydney,' Josie Winsor, Aboriginal Manager in the Planning & Population Health Unit at the hospital,' told The Lamp.
1998; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Welfare Information Unit [ATSIHWIU] 1999; Young 2001).
CRGBA has become a critical piece of work within National Aboriginal Organizations (NAOs) in Canada with many groups developing their own frameworks to suit.
Turner, a member of Temagami First Nation, explains why each criterion matters from an Aboriginal perspective.
Aboriginal groups said that the Conservative government's plan for more minimum mandatory prison sentences and other tough measures will make the problem worse for native prisoners.
When you're ready to have us at the table, let me know," said Kecia Larkin, a prominent aboriginal AIDS activist.
Federally in Canada, Stephen Harper's recently formed Conservative government has not yet shown itself to be as clearly opposed to aboriginal rights as the Howard government in Australia.
Shane Atkinson (26), another member of Black Suns, says that there are also positive role models for Aboriginal people, mainly athletes--usually footballers--or artists.
Aboriginal people are more than three times more likely to be the victims of physical or sexual abuse by a spouse than are non-Aboriginal people--with 21 per cent of Aboriginal people and six per cent of non-Aboriginal people reporting being victims of spousal abuse in the five years proceeding the survey.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- abnormal reflections
- abnormal series
- abnormal statement
- abnormal synclinorium
- abnormal time
- ABO blood group
- ABO blood group system
- Abo Peace Treaty of 1743
- Aboakyer Festival
- abohm centimeter
- abominable snowman
- abominable snowmen
- abomination of desolation
- Abonde, Dame
- Aboriginal Cattle
- abort branch
- abort drill
- abort zone
- Abort, Retry, Fail
- aborted firing
- aborted landing
- aborted start
- aborted takeoff
- Abortion in Animals
- abortion pill
- Abortive Infection
- abortive mission
- abortive transduction
- Abortiveness of Seeds
- Aboukir Bay
- Abourezk, James
Full browser ?
- Abonde, Dame
- Aboott & Costello
- Aboriginal Adult Basic Education
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development
- Aboriginal Affairs Branch
- Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act
- Aboriginal AIDS Service Organizations
- Aboriginal and Islander Career Aspirations Program
- Aboriginal and Islander Child Care Agency
- Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service
- Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer
- Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal
- Aboriginal and Islander Independent Community School
- Aboriginal and Islander Medical Support Services
- Aboriginal and Islander Support Unit
- Aboriginal and Islander Teacher Education Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Climate Change Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Community Action Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Policy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Mediation Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce Working Group
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Library Resource Network
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Performing Arts
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services