study(redirected from Action study)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. a drawing, sculpture, etc., executed for practice or in preparation for another work
2. a musical composition intended to develop one aspect of performing technique
3. Theatre a person who memorizes a part in the manner specified
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A drawing executed as an educational exercise, produced as a preliminary to a final work or made record observations.See also: Design drawing
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
1. A room or alcove of a house or apartment used primarily as a place for reading, writing, and study. It often embodies the features of a private office and private library.
2. A preliminary sketch or drawing to facilitate the development of a design.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.