Agababian, Grigorii Gareginovich
Born June 12 (25), 1911, in Aleksandropol’ (present-day Leninakan). Soviet architect and Honored Artist of the Armenian SSR (1961). Member of the CPSU since 1951.
Agababian graduated from Yerevan Polytechnical Institute in 1937. From 1950 to 1959 he was chief architect of Yerevan. Since 1959 he has been chairman of Gosstroi (the State Building Committee of the Armenian SSR). He is an architect of schools, technical schools, and dwellings in Yerevan and Kirovakan, a cold-storage room (1950), a central indoor market (1952), the Great Razdan Bridge (1956), and a bus station (1961) in Yerevan. From 1942 to 1945, Agababian was engaged in architectural measurements of the monuments of ancient Armenian architecture.