Alappuzha

(redirected from Alapuzha)

Alappuzha

(ăl'əppo͝or`ə), formerly

Alleppey

(ăl`əpē), city (1991 est. pop. 175,000), Kerala state, SW India. It is a district administrative center and port on the Arabian Sea. Coconuts are the mainstay of the economy; spices are also exported. A network of canals links the town to Thrissur to the north and Thiruvananthapuram to the south.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Tenders are invited for providing ac unit in ent op at m c h v andanam, alapuzha.
Thirdly 80% of the rainfall in Kerala occurs within six months from May to October and the rest of the six months only about 20% of the rainfall occurs creating a huge imbalance in the distribution of rainfall and the ground water recharge in most of the areas of the state except districts like Alapuzha, Ernakulum, Kottayam, Idukki, Pathanamthitta and Thiruvananthapuram though in the last few years even in these districts rainfall is on the decline in the months between November to April.
Abdul Latheef A, Professor and HOD, Department of Surgery, TD Medical College, Alapuzha.
Houseboats in the Alapuzha backwaters have been blamed for the degradation of the water body, but houseboat operators say that only a small percentage of houseboat operators are violating conservation laws and that they should be given proper training and awareness.
A re-look is now needed perhaps at the BJP-SNDP alliance as it fails miserably in Cherthala municipality (in Alapuzha district of former CM AK Antony belongs) where SNDP leader Vellappally Natesan has a sway, the BJP-SNDP Yogam alliance did not make the expected gains.
Speaking to Arab News, Shaji Alapuzha, a registered volunteer, said most of the Indian expats who had been granted ECs had not visited home for the past 8-10 years.
The marines were arrested on February 19 last for shooting to death two Indian fishermen-Ajesh Binki (25) and Jelestine (45) from onboard merchant vessel "Enrica Lexie" off Alapuzha coast, "mistaking" them for Somali pirates.
He was the joint secretary of Traditional Ayurvedic Federation in Alapuzha district, Kerala.
Born on August eight, 1937 at Haripad in Alapuzha District as the son of Malabar Gopalan Nair and Kamalaskhi Amma, he entered the film world as a music composer for the film 'Thambu' in 1978.
of Aroor Alapuzha, Kerala; and Nila Sea Foods of Tuticorin.
The venture, which will use both coir and jute fibers, was launched in late December when work began on a pilot plant in Alapuzha.
GOIS Labs says the 10 constituencies in the state where social media use is highest - according to the Internet and Mobile Association of India data - are Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Palakkad, Kottayam, Thrissur, Alapuzha, Kollam, Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kannur.