Andorra la Vella(redirected from Andorra Parish, Andorra)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Andorra la Vella(ăndôr`ə lä vĕl`yä) or
Andorra,Span. Andorra la Vieja, Fr. Andorre-la-Vielle, city (2006 est. pop. 24,211), capital of Andorra, on the Valira River near its confluence with the Valira del Norte. It is Andorra's only city and its main center of commerce, trade, and manufacturing. Its products include processed tobacco, woolens and other textiles, furniture, processed foods, and beverages, but tourism, banking, and duty-free international trade are the economy's mainstays. The city is the site of the National Library and Archives and of several museums.
Andorra la Vella
or Andorra, the capital of Andorra; it is situated in the Eastern Pyrénées in an intermon-tane hollow (altitude over 1,000 m) on the Valira River (in the Ebro basin). Population in 1968, 5,500.
Andorra la Vella is a transit point for commercial transport on the highway linking France and Spain and an internationally important tourist center. It has a large radio station. The city’s architectural monuments include the House of the Valleys (1580), the seat of Andorra’s government.