a city in Primor’e Krai, RSFSR. Located on the right bank of the Daubikhe River (a tributary of the Ussuri), with a railroad station (Daubikhe) on the Manzovka-Varfolomeevka branch line. Population, 43,000 (1968). The city has woodworking, furniture, and construction materials combines. It was created in 1952 from the settlement of Semenovka. It is named in honor of the Far East explorer V. K. Arsen’ev.