a Georgian temple of the first half of the seventh century, situated in a ravine of the Tan River, 12 km south of Gori near the village of Ateni. Designed by the architect Todos, it is a cross-domed structure with four apsides. Its plan and architectural forms duplicate the Dzhvari Temple. The facade is decorated with reliefs, and the interior has remarkable paints dating from 1080, including portraits of historical figures.
REFERENCESChubinashvili, G. N. Pamiatniki tipa Dzhvari. Tbilisi, 1948.
Amiranashvili, Sh. la. Istoriia gruzinskoimonumental’noi zhivopisi, vol. 1. Tbilisi, 1957. Pages 77–98.