References in periodicals archive ?
Vidya has been translated as "wisdom" and avidya has most often been seen as "ignorance.
heart) of all creatures at (the idea of) his avidya, desire, and karma.
17] Although there is no unconscious, what does surface throughout Vedic literature, and throughout Patanjali's text, is the notion of avidya, most often translated as ignorance, misunderstanding, or absence of vision.
28) Vidya is partially helpful, whereas avidya is partially detrimental.
Dark skinned Dasyus are only forces of Avidya or darkness, not a racial metaphor," Frawley added.
The problem is located within the deeper psychic and structurally systemic recesses of a white North American nightmare that is grounded in ignorance or what Johnson refers to as avidya.
Karma in Hindu thought is a spiritual necessity which, by making one judgmental and adjudicatory, helps him to make his way through the maya and avidya of life.
No hay tres Cristos: uno, creador por el cual fueron hechas todas las cosas (Jn 1,3), otro redentor, un segundo Adan que redime sea a algunos elegidos, sea a toda la raza humana o al universo entero (segun las distintas teologias) de la situacion de esclavitud, pecado, avidya, samsara [.
Como se puede pasar desde la ignorancia, avidya, al conocimiento, vidya?
4) Hay un sendero por el cual podemos --por asi decir-- desplazarnos desde el estado de duhkha y avidya hasta el estado de plenitud y vidya que los budistas llaman "Despertar".
Kundakunda's approach resembles Buddhist and Vedantic models of salvation, which locate the roots of spiritual bondage in ignorance, or avidya, a false consciousness of the true nature of reality, rather than in a state of affairs external to consciousness that causes such ignorance, as the Jain tradition affirms with its doctrine of material karmas obscuring the true, omni-conscious nature of the soul; for he seems, sometimes, to be saying it is not the bondage of the soul by karmic matter, but rather, the perception of it as being so bound, that is the real problem.
This limitation occurs because of His relation with the five attributes of kala (time), kala (limited creativity), nitayi (destiny), raga (attachment) and avidya, (igonrance).
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Aviation Day
- Aviation Engineer Service
- aviation gasoline
- Aviation Hygiene
- Aviation Industry
- Aviation Institutes
- aviation medicine
- aviation method
- aviation mix
- aviation occurrence
- Aviation Psychology
- Aviation Sports
- aviation weather briefing service
- aviation weather forecast
- aviation weather information service
- aviation weather observation
- Aviatsiia i Kosmonavtika
- Avignon Festival
- Ávila Camacho, Manuel
- Ávila, Gil González de
- Avilov, Mikhail
- Avilov, Mikhail Ivanovich
- Avižius, Jonas
- Avksentev, Nikolai
- Avksentev, Nikolai Dmitrievich
- Avksentevskii, Konstantin
- Avksentevskii, Konstantin Alekseevich
Full browser ?
- Avida Dollars
- avidin biotinylated horseradish-peroxidase complex method
- Avidin-Biotin Alkaline-Phosphatase Complex
- Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex
- avidity antibody
- Aviemore and the Cairngorms Destination Management Organisation
- Aviemore Highland Resort, Ltd.
- Aviemore Mountain Film Festival
- Avifauna (disambiguation)
- Avifauna (disambiguation)
- Avigation easement