bolt(redirected from Bölts)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms.
1. an arrow, esp for a crossbow
2. Mechanical engineering short for expansion bolt
Robert (Oxton). 1924--95, British playwright. His plays include A Man for All Seasons (1960) and he also wrote a number of screenplays
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A rod or pin, with a permanent head on one end, that holds parts of a building or structure together.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
A rod, usually of metal, with a square, round, or hexagonal head at one end and a screw thread on the other, used to fasten objects together.
A short section of tree trunk.
In veneer production, a short log of a length suitable for peeling on a lathe.
The sliding part in a breechloading weapon that pushes a cartridge into position and holds it there as the gun is fired.
The entire length of cloth from a loom.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A metallic pin or rod having a head at one end and an external thread on the other for screwing up a nut; used for holding members or parts of members together.
2. A short section cut from a tree trunk.
3. A short log from which veneer is peeled.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.