Bashkir University

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Bashkir University

 

(full name “Fortieth Anniversary of October” Bashkir University), founded in 1957 at Ufa on the basis of the K. A. Timiriazev Bashkir Pedagogical Institute. Departments (1970) include physics and mathematics, biology, philology (Russian, Bashkir, and Tatar), history, geography, chemistry, and foreign languages (English, French, and German). There are divisions of correspondence courses, evening courses, and postgraduate study. The university has 36 subdepartments. Approximately 7,000 students received instruction at the university in the 1969–70 school year; 420 teachers were employed, of whom 208 had an academic degree or academic rank. The university’s library contains approximately 550,000 volumes. The university has published Uchenye zapiski since 1957.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.