George Howard's satisfaction with his parents' monument led him to commission another collaborative effort from Boehm and Burne-Jones, The Battle of Flodden
It was built in the aftermath of the Battle of Flodden
(1513) and once the home of William Burnet, the Hoolet - a polite name for a thug or a gangster who worked mostly at night.
For it was on this day in 1513 that the cataclysmic Battle Of Flodden
took place - an incredibly brutal and bloody confrontation which saw the invading Scottish Army pulverised by the English.
The plaque commemorates James IV, who died at the Battle of Flodden
At its climax there is a Casting of the Colours ceremony to commemorate the battle of Flodden
, when the town famously sent 80 men with the Scottish King James IV and only one, Fletcher, returned with a blood-stained English flag.
To mark the 500th anniversary of the Battle of Flodden
in 2013, where an English army defeated the invading Scots, the old call box in Branxton, Northumberland, has been turned into a tourist office.
1513: The Battle of Flodden
Field was fought near Branxton in Northumberland: James IV of Scotland was defeated and killed by English troops under Thomas Howard, Earl of Surrey.
King James IV of Scotland is defeated by the English at the Battle of Flodden
e Battle of Flodden
was one of the country's bloodiest ever battles, and changed the course of history.
In which English county was the Battle of Flodden
THE 500th anniversary of the Battle of Flodden
is to be commemorated on stamps issued by a tiny Scottish island.
The weapons and an emerald ring were taken from the body of King James IV after he was slain by the English at the Battle of Flodden
in Northumberland in September 1513.