Belorechensk


Also found in: Wikipedia.
The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Belorechensk

 

a city, administrative center of the Belorechensk Raion, Krasnodar Krai, RSFSR. It is located at the place where the Belaia River flows out of the Greater Caucasus Mountains into the Kuban-Azov lowlands. It is a junction for railroad lines to Tuapse, Armavir, and Khadzhokh (via Maikop). It had a population of 42,000 in 1968. Industry includes railroad transport enterprises, parquet and furniture factories, a creamery, a dairy, and a factory for reinforced-concrete products. There is a cooperative technicum. In the vicinity of Belorechensk is one of the electrical power plants of the Belorechensk Cascade. The stanitsa (large cossack village) of Belorechensk arose in 1862 as a cossack fortress; it became a city in 1958.


Belorechensk

 

an urban-type settlement in Omutninsk Raion, Kirov Oblast, RSFSR. Its railroad station (Ozernitsa-Kirov) is located on the Iar-Lesnaia branch of the Kirov-Glazov line. Population, 6,100 (1968). There is a logging and timber distribution establishment.

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Phosphogypsum is a by-product of the phosphorus fertilizer production by the sulphuric acid technology from the Kovdor apatite raw material deposit at the Belorechensk chemical plant.
One private contractor whose death in Syria was not officially acknowledged was 40-year-old Alexander Promogaibo, from the southern Russian town of Belorechensk. He died in Syria on April 25, his childhood friend Artur Marobyan told Reuters.
"We decided to transport all waste away from the coast as part of the Olympic programme," he said, adding that it ends up at a special "waste processing plant" in Belorechensk, a town over 100 kilometres away.
The facility produces about 25% of all apatite concentrate recovered in Russia, and almost 100% of this volume is used by EuroChem's own subsidiaries: Phosphorite and Minudobreniya Belorechensk (EuroChem-BMU).
Petersburg and Kiev from smaller cities: Logos from Belorechensk to St.