Berlin, Peace Treaty of 1742
Berlin, Peace Treaty of (1742)
a separate treaty concluded between Prussia and Austria during the War of the Austrian Succession. It was signed in Berlin on July 28. The treaty was preceded by the defeat of the Austrian Army and by the signature of a preliminary peace treaty in Breslau (Wrocław) on June 11, 1742. According to the Berlin Peace Treaty of 1742, Austria ceded to Prussia Lower and Upper Silesia (except Teschen and the city of Troppau with the surrounding lands), as well as the countship of Glatz (Kłodzko). The treaty was concluded through the mediation of England. In November 1743, Russia joined the treaty as a guarantor.