Bolshevichka Moscow Garment Production Association
Bol’shevichka Moscow Garment Production Association
an association specializing in the production of men’s suits, trousers, and jackets. It was founded in 1962 and is located in Moscow (with branches in Kaluga Oblast). In 1973 it included six industrial enterprises, two brand-name stores, and two salons selling ready-to-wear suits. The former Garment Factory No. 2 (founded in 1929) is the head enterprise.
The enterprises of the Bol’shevichka Association are equipped with advanced production technology. Socialist emulation has been developed among the staff; its aims are an increase in output, improvement of quality, and savings in raw materials and electric power. The association fills orders from the Moscow trade organizations (“direct ties”), and also produces for export. In 1973, the output of clothing was 1, 729, 800 pieces (an increase by a factor of 2 in comparison with 1965). In 1969 the association was awarded the title of Enterprise of High Production Standards; it has also been awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor (1966).
P. K. NOSKOV