References in periodicals archive ?
His discussion of the 'imperial tendencies' of the development of the Boulder Dam carries the influence of Donald Worster's Rivers of Empire; and in Needham's discussion of stock reduction, the prints of Richard White's The Organic Machine are heavily inked.
Likewise, the Imperial Irrigation District's 1926 view book, Boulder Dam, All-American Canal Project, and Imperial Valley Pictorially, included images of all the major water resources of the project and the agricultural lands in Imperial County that would benefit from it.
Hoover Dam, nee Boulder Dam, had proved, upon completion in 1935, that the canyons of the West could be dammed; the Grand Canyon itself, incredibly, had only barely missed being flooded in the early 1950s.
1 An olive branch; 2 Hansom (Joseph Hansom - the Hansom cab); 3 The Danube; 4 Walter Matthau; 5 The Boulder Dam; 6 The number sixty; 7 Michael Parkinson; 8 The courgette; 9 Bob Charles; 10 Thirteenth.
ANSWERS: 1 An olive branch; 2 Hansom (Joseph Hansom - the Hansom cab); 3 The Danube; 4 Walter Matthau; 5 The Boulder Dam; 6 The number sixty; 7 Michael Parkinson; 8 The courgette; 9 Bob Charles; 10 Thirteenth.
By 1934, there were over 5,000 Boulder Dam construction workers collectively earning $750,000 a month and they spent a good deal of it in Las Vegas, which was only thirty miles away.
In 1996 four non-profit groups bought the Boulder Dam Hotel out of bankruptcy and began to refurbish the building.
Documentaries from the 1930s are also included in the collection, detailing events such as the creation of Boulder Dam and the establishment of the US's national and state park system.
He was in America to see the president opening the Boulder Dam.
He served with several Scout councils in Southern California and with the Boulder Dam Area Council in Las Vegas.
Tours to the Grand Canyon, Boulder Dam and the Lake Mead Recreational Center are just a few of the optional events available to attendees.
The economic depression in the United States and the construction of the Boulder Dam limited Mead's ability to assist Palestine and Jewish colonization.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Bouguer, Pierre
- Bouguereau, Adolphe William
- Bouguer-Lambert law
- Bouguer-Lambert-Beer Law
- Bouguer's halo
- Bouillon, Frédéric Maurice de La Tour d'Auvergne, duc de
- Bouillon, Henri de La Tour d'Auvergne, vicomte de Turenne, duc de
- Bouin's solution
- Boulainvilliers, Henri
- Boulanger, Georges Ernest
- Boulanger, Nadia
- Boulanger, Ralph
- boulder barricade
- Boulder Beach State Park
- boulder belt
- boulder buster
- Boulder City
- boulder clay
- Boulder County
- boulder cracker
- Boulder Dam
- boulder ditch
- boulder pavement
- boulder train
- boulder wall
- Boulding, Kenneth
- boulevard strip
- Boulle, André Charles
- Boullée, Etienne-Louis
- Boulogne Camp
- Boulogne, Jean
- Boumedienne, Houari
- Boun Phan Vet
Full browser ?
- Boulder County Democratic Party
- Boulder County Drug Task Force
- Boulder County Employees Association
- Boulder County Family Child Care Association
- Boulder County Farmers Market
- Boulder County Fire Fighters Association
- Boulder County Foster Parent Association
- Boulder County Healthy Communities Initiative
- Boulder County Horse Association
- Boulder County Housing Authority
- Boulder County Mosquito Control District
- Boulder County Nature Association
- Boulder County Parks and Open Space
- Boulder County Parks and Open Space Department
- Boulder County Prevention and Intervention Program
- Boulder County Public Health
- Boulder County Railway Historical Society
- Boulder County Real Estate Investors
- Boulder County Rental Housing Association
- Boulder County Sheriff's Office
- Boulder County, CO
- Boulder County, Colorado
- boulder cracker
- Boulder Creek Community Leadership Council
- Boulder Creek Elementary
- Boulder Creek Fire Department
- Boulder Creek Golf Club
- Boulder Creek Recreation and Park District
- Boulder Creek Watershed Initiative
- Boulder Daily Camera
- Boulder Dam
- Boulder Dam Area Council
- Boulder Dam Recreation Area
- Boulder Dash
- Boulder Denver Book Club
- Boulder Digital Arts
- boulder ditch
- Boulder Early Music Shop
- Boulder Election Watch
- Boulder Emergency Squad
- Boulder Ensemble Theatre Company
- Boulder Farmers' Market
- boulder fern
- Boulder Final Cut Users Group
- Boulder Friends of Jazz
- Boulder Green Building Guild
- Boulder Improv Jam Association
- Boulder Independent Business Alliance
- Boulder Industry Test Bed
- Boulder Institute for Psychotherapy and Research
- Boulder International Film Festival
- Boulder International Humanist Institute
- Boulder Java Users Group
- Boulder Jewish Community Center
- Boulder Jewish Day School
- Boulder Judo Training Center
- Boulder Junction Public Library
- Boulder Labs Diversity Council
- Boulder Lake Management Area
- Boulder Mountain Bike Patrol
- Boulder Mountain Ranch