Boys Town


Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.

Boys Town,

village, Douglas co., E Nebr.; inc. 1936. The noted community was founded in 1917 by Father Edward J. Flanagan (1886–1948) for homeless or abandoned boys. The village is governed by the boys themselves and maintained by voluntary contributions. Girls were admitted for the first time in 1979.
References in periodicals archive ?
Editor's Note: Larry May, founder of May Development and now senior vice president for strategic development at Infogroup Nonprofit, recently sat with Mike Vcelik, director of annual Giving at Boys Town, the Nebraska-based family services organization founded by Father Edward Flanagan in 1917.
John Melingagio, spokesman at the national headquarters of Boys Town in Boys Town, Neb.
The first article provides a brief description of the history of the development of the Boys Town model of child care.
Girls and Boys Town launched its corporate university in August 2006, partnering with Bellevue University.
That place, Boys Town, has been known for a long time as a place dedicated to the transformation of the youth.
Boys Town New York, a youth and family services organization, leased 3,510 s/f.
From her late 50s to her 70s, she was involved in, and a protagonist for, the El Rancho Boys Town in Northridge.
In this book, Girls and Boys Town offers these committed foster parents the professional tools they need, not only to care for foster children but to actually help them get better.
In those days, homeless men with AIDS were literally dying along the sidewalks of Santa Monica Boulevard, sheriffs deputies routinely treated queers like dirt, and outsiders disdained the Boys Town club culture as snobby and racist, with good reason.
Girls and Boys Town is suing the District of Columbia and a council member, citing a delay in proceeding with construction of a housing facility in an area which has been vacant for 10 years.
A panel of youth-care experts at Boys Town selected the social skills.
The non-profit Boys Town New York leased 3,510 s/f of office space at 281 Park Avenue South in a headquarters expansion.