Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city in Moscow Oblast, RSFSR. Wharf on the Moskva River, 11 km from the Bronnitsy railroad station (57 km southeast of Moscow). Population, 11,900 (1967). Bronnitsy has a glove factory, a garment factory, and a jewelry factory. There is a branch of the evening division of the Moscow Automotive and Road Institute. Bronnitsy was first known in 1453 as the village of Bronichi. It has been a city since 1781. Architectural monuments are the Arkhangel’skii Cathedral (1705) and the barracks of an early 19th-century cavalry regiment.