Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In ten minutes after the strangers had departed, Franz was on the road to the Piazza de Spagni, listening with studied indifference to the learned dissertation delivered by Albert, after the manner of Pliny and Calpurnius, touching the iron-pointed nets used to prevent the ferocious beasts from springing on the spectators.
A small but arguably important clue, however, lies in the dedication of one of Philodemus's treatises to Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus.
Patrick is believed to have been born in Britain around 375 AD to Roman parents Calpurnius, deacon and minor local official, and Conchessa.
Eight papers from a February 2014 conference in Paris comprise the second of three volumes showcasing recent research on Roman Declamation, this one focusing on Calpurnius Flaccus.
There is some evidence that it was the home-away-from-Rome for the consul Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesonius, father-in-law to Julius Caesar.
(40) This epode not only uses mollis inertia in its opening line, but it also speaks to Maecenas's feelings as "burning" (urere), a term Karakasis (2013, 231-4) has called chiefly elegiac in his discussion of Calpurnius Siculus's generic interaction with love elegy in Eel.
Calpurnius Piso or Seneca himself, he enjoyed a front-row seat to the legendary Julio-Claudian dysfunctions.
Una segunda propuesta se concreta en la existencia de un vinculo entre el Calpurnius Salvianus que presento una acusacion contra Sexto Mario, segun sabemos por Tacito (Ann., IV, 36), y el individuo homonimo, supuestamente italicense, involucrado en la conjura urdida contra Casio Longino en Corduba en 48 a.
Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus in Samothrace and Herculaneum", AJA, 44, 1940, 488-489; K.
Vesuvius, where he lost his adoptive father and mentor, Pliny the Younger is asked by his friend Aurelia to help her husband Calpurnius, who has been accused of murder in Naples.
He eventually joined the conspiracy of Caius Calpurnius Piso, who planned to overthrow Nero's despotic rule by assassinating him and be made an emperor himself, through the agency of the pretorian guard.
Calpurnius Serhuhoris (HEp5, 936, Calpurnia se llamaba la madre de Aemilius Seranus en Andelos: CIL II, 2967) y en Oyarzun (Guipuzcoa): Val(erius) Beltesonis(HAE 2464 conservada en el Museo de San Telmo) (2).
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Caloric Value of Food
- calorific value
- Calorimeter, Ionization
- calorimetric test
- calorimetric titration
- calorimetric-respirometric ratio
- Caloris Basin
- calorized steel
- Caloveglia, Count
- Calovius, Abraham
- Calpurnius Siculus, Titus
- calrya glabra
- Caltech Intermediate Form
- Caltech Submillimeter Observatory
- caltha palustris
- Calthorpe, Peter
- Calumet City
- Calumet County
- Calumet Harbor
- Calvaert, Denis
- Calvé, Emma
- calved ice
- Calverley, Charles Stuart
Full browser ?
- Calpine Canada Natural Gas Partnership
- Calpine Canada Whitby Holdings Company
- Calpine Energy Services Canada Partnership
- Calpine Natural Gas Trust
- Calpine Operating Services Company, Inc.
- Calpine/Bechtel Joint Development Energy Center Projects
- Calpol paediatric
- Calprotectin L1H subunit
- Calprotectin L1L subunit
- Calpurnius Siculus, Titus
- calque formation