Mentioned in ?
- Céline, Louis-Ferdinand
- Compiègne Armistice of 1940
- Democratic Front of Albania
- Expropriation of the Expropriators
- Fighting French
- Fréville, Jean
- Great October Socialist Revolution
- Haakon VII
- Jean Fréville
- Laval, Pierre
- Louis-Ferdinand Céline
- Mouvement Républicain Populaire
- Pierre Laval
- Roxas y Acuña, Manuel
- Sino-Japanese War, Second
References in periodicals archive ?
It took eight years for the Institute for Research on Collaborationist Activities to finish the three-volume, 3,000-page compilation, which contains the list of 4,389 people, who the publisher says ''inflicted physical, material and mental damages, directly and indirectly, on Koreans and other people by positively cooperating with the Japanese imperialists' pillage of sovereignty, colonial rule and war of aggression.''
Corresponding to their larger treatments of the Revolution and French history, Vichy, the Resistance and various collaborationists assigned very different meanings to the day during the Occupation years.
The past few years have seen an avalanche of books on France under German occupation and the collaborationist regime headquartered at the resort town of Vichy from 1940 to 1944.
Albert Lebrun (June 16), he was titular head of the government that negotiated the surrender to Germany (June 22) and Italy (June 24); granted "emergency power" by the National Assembly at Vichy until a new constitution could be promulgated (July 10); he was thereafter closely identified with the Vichy government and with collaborationists, although age and possibly senility may have hampered his understanding of events, especially after the German occupation of Vichy (November 1942); arrested by the Germans (August 20) and taken first to Belfort and then Sigmaringen in Germany (September); returned to France (April 1945); was tried for treason by the provisional government of Gen.
The Huks, Lansdale was to find, "fought with amateur intensity, despised wealthy fellow countrymen who collaborated with their enemies, and assassinated many collaborationists." They soon became Lansdale's military responsibility, and, in conformance with his nature, Lansdale immediately decided that this problem was not even primarily military.
His call for purges, though understandably born from the loss of friends from the Resistance and nourished by his profound hostility towards the most diligent French collaborationists, was at odds with his long-standing opposition to the death penalty.
However, collaborationists in Paris took a very different view, considering the cartoon, like the cinema and comic strips, to be an ideological weapon, rather than just a form of entertainment exclusively reserved for children.
Vinen demonstrates that even though some French collaborationists were motivated by an admiration for Nazism or opportunism, the majority acted on the basis of other more complex and personal motives.
For these and other reasons, they were an irritation to both Germans and collaborationists, and they had to endure a certain amount of harrassment and a lot of bad press.
His government was hijacked in 1942 by collaborationists, led by Laval, the architect of "Kollaboration" with the occupier.
As for Antigone, Simone Fraisse remarks how the mythical |no' sayer denoted resistance to those so inclined under the Occupation to the extent that, against the intentions of the authors and directors, the public read a resistance message into the Antigones of Leon Chancerel (staged at the Vichy Chantlers de la jeunesse) and Anouilh. Beatrix Dussane, Henri Amouroux, and Herve Le Boterf also corroborate from first hand observation the tendency of Resistance sympathizers in the audience to |adopt' Anouilh's Antigone, while collaborationists applauded along with them.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- coliform bacteria
- Coligny, Gaspard de Châtillon
- Coligny, Gaspard de Châtillon, comte de
- Colin Clark
- Colin Dexter
- Colin Maclaurin
- Colin, Alexander
- Colines, Simon de
- Colins, Alexander
- Colitis, Nonspecific Ulcerative
- colla tempestade
- collaborative browsing
- collaborative CRM
- collaborative editing
- collaborative filtering
- Collaborative for High-Performance Schools
- collaborative robotics
- collaborative software
- collagen disease
- Collagen Diseases
- Collagen Fibers
- Collamer, Jacob
- collapse breccia
- collapse caldera
- collapse properties
- collapse sink
- collapse structure
- collapsed backbone
- collapsing pressure
Full browser ?
- Collaboration over Documents
- Collaboration Planning
- collaboration products
- Collaboration Protocol Agreement
- Collaboration Protocol Profile
- Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement
- Collaboration Protocol Profile/Agreement
- Collaboration Researchers' International Workshop on Groupware
- Collaboration Rural
- Collaboration software
- Collaboration Software and Knowledge Management Tools
- Collaboration Support Service
- Collaboration Technology Research Group
- Collaboration Technology Support Center
- Collaboration to Advance Teaching Technology and Science
- collaboration tools
- Collaboration Working Group
- Collaboration, Visualization and Information Management
- Collaboration-Enabled Business Transformation
- Collaboration-Protocol Agreement
- Collaborationist state
- Collaborationist state
- Collaborations and Resources Group
- Collaborations for Excellence in Teacher Preparation
- Collaborations in Internet Security
- Collaborative Academic Preparation Initiative
- Collaborative Access Team
- Collaborative Action Research Network
- collaborative actions
- Collaborative Actions for Renovation of Air Traffic Systems
- collaborative Advanced Design Project
- Collaborative Advanced Gas Turbine
- Collaborative Advanced Interagency Research Network
- Collaborative Advanced Internet Research Network
- Collaborative Advanced Navigation Virtual Art Studio
- Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative
- Collaborative Agent Design Research Center
- Collaborative Agent-Based Control and Help
- Collaborative Agribusiness Support Program
- Collaborative Analytical Process
- Collaborative and Active Learning Research Institute
- Collaborative and Network Distributed Learning Environment
- Collaborative Antiviral Study Group
- Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management
- Collaborative Application Markup Language