cooper(redirected from Coopers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
a person skilled in making and repairing barrels, casks, etc.
1. Cary (Lynn). born 1940, British psychologist, noted for his studies of behaviour at work and the causes and treatment of stress
2. Gary, real name Frank James Cooper. 1901--61, US film actor; his many films include Sergeant York (1941) and High Noon (1952), for both of which he won Oscars
3. Sir Henry. born 1934, British boxer; European heavyweight champion (1964; 1968--71)
4. James Fenimore 1789--1851, US novelist, noted for his stories of American Indians, esp The Last of the Mohicans (1826)
5. Leon Neil. born 1930, US physicist, noted for his work on the theory of superconductivity. He shared the Nobel prize for physics 1972
6. Samuel 1609--72, English miniaturist