radius(redirected from Curve radii)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
radius,in anatomy: see armarm,
upper limb in humans. Three long bones form the framework of the arm: the humerus of the upper arm, and the radius (outer bone) and ulna (inner bone) of the forearm.
..... Click the link for more information. .
The outer of the two bones of the human forearm or of the corresponding part in vertebrates other than fish.
A line segment joining the center and a point of a circle or sphere.
The length of such a line segment.
1. a straight line joining the centre of a circle or sphere to any point on the circumference or surface
2. the length of this line, usually denoted by the symbol r
3. the distance from the centre of a regular polygon to a vertex (long radius) or the perpendicular distance to a side (short radius)
4. Anatomy the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm, extending from the elbow to the wrist
5. a corresponding bone in other vertebrates
6. any of the veins of an insect's wing
7. a group of ray florets, occurring in such plants as the daisy
8. the lateral displacement of a cam or eccentric wheel
Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service