declaration(redirected from DéCLARAtions)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
1. the ruling of a judge or court on a question of law, esp in the chancery division of the High Court
2. Law an unsworn statement of a witness admissible in evidence under certain conditions
3. Cricket the voluntary closure of an innings before all ten wickets have fallen
4. Contract bridge the final contract
5. Cards an announcement of points made after taking a trick, as in bezique
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
declarationIn programming, an instruction or statement that defines some type of program element (fields, variables, functions, arrays, etc.), as well as resources. Declarations do not generally create executable code. More often, they describe the structures in the program so that the compiler knows how to deal with them.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.