DAT


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.

DAT

(computer science)
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

DAT

(1)

DAT

(2)
This article is provided by FOLDOC - Free Online Dictionary of Computing (foldoc.org)

DAT

(1) (DATa) See DAT file.

(2) (Dynamic Address Translator) A hardware circuit that converts a virtual memory address into a real address.

(3) (Digital Audio Tape) An earlier magnetic tape technology from Sony that was used for audio recording and data backup. Introduced in 1987, DAT used 4mm cartridges that looked like thick audio cassettes. DAT was initially a CD-quality audio format that was expected to replace analog audiotapes for consumers but wound up being used by professional musicians and sound studios. In 1988, Sony and HP defined the Digital Data Storage (DDS) format for DAT as a computer storage medium. Like videotapes, DAT used helical scan recording. In 2005, Sony ceased production of DAT drives. See magnetic tape and ADAT.

Type    Native Capacity
  DDS-1    2GB
  DDS-2    4GB
  DDS-3   12GB
  DDS-4   20GB
  DDS-5   36GB


DAT Cartridge
DAT provided up to 36GB of native storage in a cartridge that was a little thicker than an audio cassette but smaller overall.







Helical Scan Formats
These are the helical scan tape formats used for digital storage. See helical scan.


Helical Scan Formats
These are the helical scan tape formats used for digital storage. See helical scan.
Copyright © 1981-2019 by The Computer Language Company Inc. All Rights reserved. THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
References in classic literature ?
de poor little goole-bug, what I boosed in dat sabage kind ob style!
Galli, Wallace and colleagues studied a mutation in the gene for human DAT that was found in a child with ASD.
We Dat will open in Marrero at 4905 Westbank Expressway and will be the largest of the restaurant's locations, a news release said.
As Bause soveel aandag aan die misdaadveslae gee, soos wat sy se, sal sy ook weet dat te veel swangerskappe direk na geweldade teen vrouens en meisies teruggevoer kan word.
The other half was applied on the surface in two equal quantities at 10 and 20 days after transplantation (DAT) of the jambu.
Until 8 DAT, plants were daily irrigated and, from 8 DAT on, they were irrigated in alternate days, replacing 100% of crop evapotranspiration (ETc), to guarantee seedling establishment.
"The DAT WideLog has already generated great interest among companies involved in special foundation activities and that place a high value on precise, quality execution of their projects," said Amedeo Valoroso, founder of DAT instruments.
Among 110 infants 34 (30.9%) were DAT positive, while the rest 76 (69.1%) were DAT negative.
Tablets were installed at 15 DAT. The trap height was adjusted during the lure replacement in such a way that the trap canopy remains just above the crop height level.
It was 1 year later that he published the use of the DAT as a method of demonstrating in vivo sensitization of RBCs in hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn (HDFN).
Wanneer u krijgt invaliditeitsverzekering, zorg ervoor dat de voordelen die zich voordoen over je leven als een van de goede aanwijzingen om financile doelen te beheren als je niet kunt werken overwegen.