Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Digital Compact Cassette.
DCC(1) (Digital Content Creation) The development of newsworthy, educational and entertainment material for distribution over the Internet.
(2) (Direct Cable Connection) A Windows feature that allows PCs to be cabled together for data transfer. DCC sets up a network connection between the two machines. See how to transfer a file.
(3) (Defensive Counter-Cyber) See DOD cyberspace glossary.
(4) (Distributed Call Center) An earlier automatic call distribution (ACD) system from Teloquent Communications, Billerica, MA that ran on standard PCs and used public ISDN lines. In 2003, Teloquent was acquired by Syntellect Inc., a division of Enghouse Systems Limited. See ACD.
(5) (Digital Command Control) A model railroad control system that allows multiple trains to be operated independently. Instead of separating tracks as done in earlier systems, DCC combines power and a different modulated signal to each locomotive.
(6) (Digital Compact Cassette) A digital tape format that used a variation of the common analog audio cassette. Digital compact cassettes never caught on. See audio cassette.