Dimitrovgrad Chemical Combine

Dimitrovgrad Chemical Combine

 

one of the biggest industrial enterprises in Bulgaria, located in the city of Dimitrovgrad. The combine produces nitric and phosphoric fertilizers, phosphoric acid, urea, potassium permanganate—about 40 kinds of products in all. The construction of the combine—done as a top-priority project by Bulgarian Komsomol youth—was begun in 1948, and the works was put into operation in 1952. The Soviet Union granted credits to Bulgaria for the construction of the combine; Soviet specialists prepared the blueprints and took part in the direction of the construction, installation of the machinery, and starting of the combine. Apatites processed at the combine come from the USSR, and mazut comes from the Burgas petrochemical combine. The Dmitrovgrad chemical combine’s water supply comes from the Maritsa River, and its electrical energy from the Maritsa-1 and Maritsa-3 steam power plants. The products of the combine are in great demand in both domestic and foreign markets.

Mentioned in ?