Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city in Krasnoiarsk Krai of the RSFSR. It is located on the right bank of the Yenisei, 33 km above Krasnoiarsk; the two cities are connected by a branch of the main railroad line. Population, 26,000 (1970).
Divnogorsk came into existence in 1957 during the construction of the Krasnoiarsk Hydroelectric Plant; it has been a city since 1963. Originally Divnogorsk consisted of small blocks of wooden houses on the taiga; since 1962 four- and five-story houses of large prefabricated slabs have been built. There is a medical school and a hydroelectric technicum in the city.