a French antarctic scientific station located on Petrels Island (66°40′ S lat., 140°01′ E long.) in the southern part of the d’Urville Sea near Adélie Coast in eastern Antarctica. Established in 1956, the station conducts comprehensive scientific observations in aerometeorology and in various branches of geophysics, glaciology, oceanography, biology, and medicine. It serves as a base for inland explorations in Adélie Coast and neighboring regions of eastern Antarctica. The station was named in honor of J. Dumont d’Urville.