Dutchman(redirected from Dutchmen)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. a native, citizen, or inhabitant of the Netherlands
2. South African often derogatory an Afrikaaner
A filler piece for closing a gap between two pipes or between a pipe or fitting and a piece of equipment, if the pipe is too short to achieve closure or if the pipe and equipment are not aligned.
1. A small piece or wedge inserted as filler to stop an opening.
2. A small piece of material used to cover a defect, to hide a badly made joint, etc.
3. A short lead nipple used to join two pipes which are otherwise not long enough to be joined.