Also found in: Wikipedia.
(until 1946, the settlement of Elektroperedacha), a city in Pavlovo-Posad Raion, Moscow Oblast, RSFSR; situated 75 km east of Moscow. Connected by a railroad branch line with the Pavlovo-Posad station on the Moscow-Orekhovo-Zuevo line. It was built as a result of the construction from 1912 to 1914 of the R. E. Klasson District Power Plant, which runs on peat. Enterprises include a peat-blocking enterprise, a furniture combine, an automotive repair plant, two electromechanical repair plants, and an asphalt-concrete plant.