References in periodicals archive ?
First, euroland's economic cycle is still lagging behind America's.
ECB sources said the weakness of the euro will help galvanize the economies of the euroland by making exports from the euro-zone economies cheaper in overseas markets.
Their private companies camp here in Euroland making millions without contributing properly for the use of our infrastructure.
Euroland manufacturing PMI in March worsened to 47.7 from 49.0 confirming that Q1 GDP reading will be negative.
Some 40% of what we export as the UK (and the figure is only slightly less for Wales on its own) is bought by Euroland.
International investors from Euroland are also increasingly likely to look at this type of issues.
Three Euro zone Member States - Finland, Ireland and Luxembourg - do however escape opprobrium since they have already balanced their budgets or returned a surplus.Strict budgetary discipline and labour market reforms are regarded as the principal measures likely to resolve unemployment, the most serious problem facing Euroland. Budgetary policy, which remains the responsibility of national governments, can contribute to this process by placing emphasis on checking growth in spending rather than on increasing the tax burden.The introduction of structural reforms is a long-term process.
Barclays Bank has just launched a range of Euro accounts to all customers trading with what it dubs Euroland, so that they'll be able to cope with the looming E-Day on January 1, 1999.
For this to be Euroland's stated negotiating position is the height of lunacy, for if there one thing that is going to get right up the nose of any British citizen is to be told by a Frenchman that he is going to teach us a lesson.
What was deemed a sensible, political creation, a Euroland, appears to have been rejected as unacceptable and inadequate by international finance.
As for his predictions of our ability to sell to "Continental Euroland" (wherever that may be) - what is his Government doing to help build up our manufacturing base and ensure we can take advantage of any opportunities?
Reflecting the European Central Bank's's inflation target of less than 2 percent and real potential growth of probably only around 1 percent in Euroland, a more realistic assumption for Euroland nominal trend growth is around 3 percent.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Eurasian Perch
- Eureka County
- Eureka step
- Europa Island
- Europa Orbiter
- Europe, Christmas in Medieval
- European Academic and Research Network
- European Anchovy
- European and Least Ciscoes
- European Aspen
- European Astronaut Center
- European Atomic Energy Community
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- European Black Currant Doubling Disease
- European Blackbird
- European boreal faunal region
- European Bream
- European Broadcasting Union EBU
- European canker
- European Center for Nuclear Research
- European Central Bank
- European Coal and Steel Community
Full browser ?
- Eurofund International, Inc.
- Eurogiciel Bite Test Function
- Euroglyphus maynei
- Eurographics Computer Animation and Simulation
- Eurographics Symposium on Rendering
- Eurographics Workshop on Rendering
- EUROLAS Data Center
- Euroleague for Life Sciences
- Euromech Nonlinear Oscillations Conference
- EuroMed Journal of Business
- Euromed Permanent University Forum
- EuroMerchant Balkan Fund