facet(redirected from Facetting)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. Architect the raised surface between the flutes of a column
2. Zoology any of the lenses that make up the compound eye of an insect or other arthropod
3. Anatomy any small smooth area on a hard surface, as on a bone
A small plane surface, especially on a bone or a hard body; may be produced by wear, as a worn spot on the surface of a tooth.
Any part of an intersecting surface that constitutes a unit of geographic study, for example, a flat or a slope.
The surface of a simple eye in the compound eye of arthropods and certain other invertebrates.
The plane surface of a crystal, a cut precious stone, or other fractured surface.
A proper face of a convex polytope that is not contained in any larger face.
1. One surface of a polyhedron.
2. A flat surface between two column flutes, a fillet.