Far East University


Also found in: Wikipedia.
The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Far East University

 

founded in 1920 in Vladivostok, closed in 1939, and reopened in 1956.

In 1971 the university was composed of the following departments: physical mathematics, chemistry, geophysics, soil biology, philology, history and law, and Oriental studies. There are evening, correspondence, preparatory, and graduate divisions. The university has 41 subdepartments, 11 research laboratories, and two museums; its library contains approximately 400,000 volumes. In the 1970–71 academic year approximately 6,000 students studied at the university; there were about 500 instructors, including eight professors and doctors of science and 125 assistant professors and candidates of science. The university publishes the journal Uchenye zapiski (Scholarly Notes; since 1957).

The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
"We're looking at involving other government agencies," added the former law dean of the Far East University (FEU), mentioning the Anti-Money Laundering Council.
Feng-Cheng Tung, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Real Estate Management, Kun Shan University, Taiwan, ROC; Ming Shing Lee Ming Shing Lee, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Business Administration, Far East University, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan, ROC; Chih-Chung Chen, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Knowledge Management, Aletheia University (Matou Campus), Tainan City, Taiwan, ROC; and Yao-Sheng Hsu, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration, Diwan College of Management, Tainan City, Taiwan, ROC.

Full browser ?