fixture(redirected from Fixture (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
1. Property law an article attached to land and regarded as part of it
2. a device to secure a workpiece in a machine tool
3. Chiefly Brit a sports match or social occasion
Any item that is fixed permanently to a building, such as lighting and sanitary fixtures.
An object permanently attached to a structure, such as a light or sink.
A device used to hold and position a piece of work without guiding the cutting tool.
1. Any item which was once tangible personal property, but which by virtue of its affixation to real property is deemed to be permanently merged into it.
2. An electrical device which is secured to a wall or ceiling, and used to hold lamps; a luminaire.
3.See plumbing fixture.