Peredel’skii, Georgii Efimovich
Born Mar. 25 (Apr. 7), 1913, in the village of Orlovka, now in Chulym Raion, Novosibirsk Oblast. Soviet military commander, marshal of the artillery (1973). Member of the CPSU from 1939.
Peredel’skii joined the Red Army in 1934. He graduated from the Omsk Military School in 1937, from the Higher Officers’ Artillery School in 1948, and from the Higher Academic Training Courses of the Military Academy of the General Staff in 1957. By taking correspondence courses, he also graduated from the M. V. Frunze Military Academy in 1965. He saw service in the Soviet-Finnish War of 1939–40 as assistant chief of staff of an artillery regiment. In the Great Patriotic War (1941–45), Peredel’skii served on the Karelian Front as assistant chief and chief of staff of an artillery regiment. In 1943 he became commander of an artillery regiment.
After the war, Peredel’skii held responsible positions in the artillery headquarters of several military districts. He was appointed chief of staff of the artillery of the Northern Military District in 1953 and artillery commander of the district in 1959. He became chief of the missile forces and artillery of the Trans-caucasian Military District in 1962. In May 1965 he was appointed deputy commander, and in July 1969 commander, of the missile forces and of ground forces artillery.
Peredel’skii was awarded the Order of the October Revolution, three Orders of the Red Banner, the Order of Suvorov Third Class, the Order of the Red Star, various medals, and two foreign orders.