Geotrichum Candidum

(redirected from Geotrichum)
Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.

Geotrichum Candidum

 

a microscopic fungus of the class Fungi Imperfecti; it is an aerobe that forms white downy colonies on thick nutrient mediums. The mycelium is divided by transverse partitions into individual cells, or oidia. Geotrichum candidum appears on the surface of fermented milk products (yogurt, acidophilus milk) and cucumber brine. It forms, primarily in children, a white film on the mucous membranes of the mouth.

References in periodicals archive ?
The relative abundance of isolated fungal pathogens on the analysis shows that 49% isolates belonged to the Aspergillus genus; and the remaining 51% were almost equally shared by four other different species Geotrichum, Humicola, Microsporum and Rhizopus.
Antifungal properties of essential oil of Cardamom were demonstrated against Aspergillus niger, Geotrichum sp.
Summary: Three endophytic fungal strains, Fusarium equiseti, Scopulariopsis fusca and Geotrichum candidum were isolated from the inner tissue of the brown alga Padina pavonica, collected from the Red Sea.
Effects of Roundup[R] and glyphosate on three food microorganisms: Geotrichum candidum, Lactococcus lactis subsp.
Decolorization of Brilliant Blue G Dye Mediated by Degradation of the Microbial Consortium of Galactomyces geotrichum and Bacillus sp.
In regard to detect FeCl3 Petri dishes after 48 hours were sprayed with suspension of conidial of Geotrichum candidum and incubated for 60 hours [26].
2009) reported the activation of the NADH-enzyme complex in geotrichum DCIP galactomyces MTCC strain type 1360 in the presence of methyl red azo dye, which achieved complete discoloration within 1 hour of agitation.
Invasive infections caused by Trichosporon species and Geotrichum capitatum in patients with hematological malignancies: a retrospective multicenter study from Italy and review of the literature.
Three previously isolated bacteria (Pseudomonas sp, Corynebacterium sp and Pseudomonas aeruginosa) and three fungi (Mucor sp, Phanerochaete chrysosporium and Geotrichum candidum) that exhibited satisfactory responses in the determination of enzyme activity and in organic matter and agrochemical degradation tests were selected for antagonism tests with the objective of assessing the possibility of being used in microbial consortia for bioaugmentation.
H Geotrichum candidum Link H Gilmaniella subornata Morinaga, M 1 Minoura & Udagawa Graphium penicillioides Corda M Hyphomycete 1 M Microdochium dimerum (Penz.