Glazov(redirected from Glasov)
a city in the north of the Udmurt ASSR, on the Cheptsa River (tributary of the Viatka). It has a railroad station on the Kirov-Perm’ line. Population, 68,000 (1970); its population was 16,000 in 1939.
Glazov is a major transfer and processing point for wood and agricultural raw materials going outside the borders of Udmurtia. It has a factory for metal articles, a furniture factory, a creamery, a meat-packing complex,’ and building-materials enterprises. A factory building machines for the chemical industry is being constructed (1971). It has a pedagogical institute, an agricultural technicum, and a medical school. Glazov was established in 1780.