References in periodicals archive ?
Habitat fragmentation has already contributed to the extirpation of one of the sub-populations of the Central Group the Burnt Pine Herd.
On the other hand, relative effects of habitat amount and fragmentation are scale dependent, and the effects of habitat fragmentation depend on the size of the landscape considered (Smith, Fahrig, & Francis, 2011).
External effects that are occurring simultaneously with the invasion, such as habitat fragmentation, changes in forest structure, the spread of other invasive species, and the species' favorable public perception (Bertolino and Genovesi 2003) contribute to its invasive ability.
The snow leopard's population is increasingly threatened across its range due to a number of factors, including human-snow leopard conflict, climate change, habitat fragmentation, and reduction of prey base among others.
Conversely, receding glaciers are also affecting wildlife by causing habitat fragmentation and creating barriers and corridors.
Currently, pandas are facing great threats and challenges from habitat fragmentation, population isolation, infrastructure development, tourism, and climate change," the researchers wrote.
However, the continued and uncontrolled expansion of human settlements, as well as the extension of agricultural activities in wild terrain, has led to habitat fragmentation for many species, notably the wild Asian elephant whose population has dropped as much as 90 per cent in the last 200 years, says the IUCN.
The relevance of habitat fragmentation in biodiversity and ecosystem functioning has been described as an area where theory is still ahead of empirical research (Tschamtke and Brandl, 2004).
Habitat fragmentation and climate change are listed as causes, and some steps have been taken to limit logging.
We studied the responses of terrestrial mammal community to high levels of habitat fragmentation caused by forestry plantations in central Japan.
Habitat fragmentation involves the division of large, contiguous areas of habitat into smaller patches isolated from one another (Darren et al.
Because bobcats are sensitive to urbanization and habitat fragmentation, they are a valuable indicator of landscape connectivity in this region (Crooks 2002; Riley, el al, 2003; Riley 2006).
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Haber-Bosch process
- Haberlandt, Friedrich
- Haberlandt, Gottlieb
- Haberle, John
- Haberler, Gottfried
- Habermas, Jürgen
- Habersham County
- Habersham, James
- Habersham, Joseph
- Habib Bourguiba
- Habib, Philip C.
- Habib, Philip Charles
- Habibollah Qaani
- Habima Theater
- habit of growth
- habit plane
- habitable area
- habitable room
- habitable space
- Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat fragmentation
- Habitation site
- Habitual Abortion
- Habitual Dislocation
- Habré, Hissène
- Habte-Wold, Aklilou
- Hácha, Emil
- Hached, Farhat
- Hachmann, Rolf
Full browser ?
- Habitat for Humanity of Schenectady County, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
- Habitat for Humanity of South Brevard, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk
- Habitat for Humanity of Talbot County
- Habitat for Humanity of Teller County
- Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Habitat for Humanity of the West Valley
- Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington County
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington State
- Habitat for Humanity of Westchester
- Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County
- Habitat for Humanity Philippines
- Habitat for Humanity San Benito County
- Habitat for Humanity San Francisco
- Habitat for Humanity South Africa
- Habitat for Humanity St. Louis
- Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West
- Habitat for Humanity Stanislaus
- Habitat for Humanity Tucson
- Habitat for Humanity University
- Habitat for Humanity Vanuatu
- Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region
- Habitat for Humanity Winnipeg
- Habitat for Humanity Zambia
- Habitat for Humanity, Victoria
- Habitat for Wildlife
- Habitat fragmentation
- Habitat Friendly Development Practices
- Habitat International Coalition
- Habitat Limiting Factors Model
- Habitat Management Area
- Habitat Management Plan
- Habitat Module Outfitting
- Habitat Module Outfitting System
- Habitat Network East Gippsland
- Habitat Partioning by Therevids
- Habitat Quality Assessment
- Habitat Quality Index
- Habitat Quality Modifier
- Habitat Rehabilitation and Enhancement Project
- Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Project
- Habitat Restoration and Salmon Enhancement Program
- Habitat Restoration Cost Estimation Model
- Habitat Restoration Team
- Habitat Restoration Working Group
- habitat selection
- Habitat Specification
- Habitat Stability Index
- Habitat Stewardship Program
- Habitat Suitability
- Habitation à Loyer Modéré
- Habitation and Station Operations
- Habitation Module