References in periodicals archive ?
'Our study shows that the dramatic changes that humans are causing to the environment at present, be it through climate change, overhunting or habitat fragmentation, will likely create indirect consequences by changing the dynamics of ecological communities,' says Dr Bro-Jorgensen.
It discusses the need for these guidelines; the ecological principles underpinning patterns, processes, and consequences of fragmentation; the consequences of habitat fragmentation for biodiversity conservation and the importance of the landscape surrounding core habitat areas; approaches to facilitating connectivity across the landscape; methods used to achieve connectivity, its potential benefits, and pitfalls for conservation; and corridor mapping and modeling methods to improve local and regional planning and ways to conserve habitat links over the long term, including considerations for implementing corridor projects and case studies of conservation efforts from around the world.
To halt this crisis we must urgently reverse habitat fragmentation, prevent and mitigate climate change, clean up polluted waters and replace pesticide dependency with more sustainable, ecologically-sensitive farming," he urged.
The untreated sewage from the communities and the industrial area goes directly into river which causes water pollution and the chemicals from the industries which are untreated go to river bank and make the water acidic which directly affects food supply of Indus river dolphins and result in reduced number of dolphins and the habitat fragmentation due to construction of barrages is major reason behind dolphins move downstream of Indus river and then they are unable to move upstream due to strong water currents.
"Our wildlife population is decreasing drastically due to trafficking, poaching, deforestation and habitat fragmentation, as a zoo, it is in our best interest to educate the public to jump on the animal care and conservation bandwagon to make the world a better place for our feathered, fury and scaly friends" she added.
Kenya Wildlife Service chairman John Waithaka called for concerted efforts to stop habitat fragmentation, blockage of corridors and poaching and demand for ivory and appealed for more resources for habitat conservation.
Among the potential factors which might have contributed to the range decline, he pointed out, included low discharge of the river during the dry season and habitat fragmentation by irrigation barrages.
In Cyprus, it said, the main reasons that led to the population decrease in turtle doves, are scattered housing, habitat fragmentation due to road construction, large number of fire-break zones, abandonment of small-scale agriculture in mountainous and rural areas and changes in cultivated crops, intensive dam construction, the use of the illegal hunting method known as 'feeding' and lack of management in conifer plantations.
'However, severe habitat fragmentation and further land conversion could take a heavy toll on small orangutan populations.
On the other hand, relative effects of habitat amount and fragmentation are scale dependent, and the effects of habitat fragmentation depend on the size of the landscape considered (Smith, Fahrig, & Francis, 2011).
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Haberlandt, Friedrich
- Haberlandt, Gottlieb
- Haberle, John
- Haberler, Gottfried
- Habermas, Jürgen
- Habersham County
- Habersham, James
- Habersham, Joseph
- Habib Bourguiba
- Habib, Philip C.
- Habib, Philip Charles
- Habibie, B. J.
- Habibollah Qaani
- Habima Theater
- habit of growth
- habit plane
- habitable area
- habitable room
- habitable space
- Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat fragmentation
- Habitation site
- Habitual Abortion
- Habitual Dislocation
- Habré, Hissène
- Habte-Wold, Aklilou
- Hácha, Emil
- Hached, Farhat
- Hachmann, Rolf
Full browser ?
- Habitat for Humanity of South Brevard, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County
- Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk
- Habitat for Humanity of Talbot County
- Habitat for Humanity of Teller County
- Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Habitat for Humanity of the West Valley
- Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington County
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington State
- Habitat for Humanity of West Virginia
- Habitat for Humanity of Westchester
- Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County
- Habitat for Humanity Philippines
- Habitat for Humanity San Benito County
- Habitat for Humanity San Francisco
- Habitat for Humanity South Africa
- Habitat for Humanity St. Louis
- Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West
- Habitat for Humanity Stanislaus
- Habitat for Humanity Tucson
- Habitat for Humanity University
- Habitat for Humanity Vanuatu
- Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region
- Habitat for Humanity Winnipeg
- Habitat for Humanity Zambia
- Habitat for Humanity, Victoria
- Habitat for Wildlife
- Habitat fragmentation
- Habitat Friendly Development Practices
- Habitat International Coalition
- Habitat Limiting Factors Model
- Habitat Management Area
- Habitat Management Guidelines
- Habitat Management Plan
- Habitat Module Outfitting
- Habitat Module Outfitting System
- Habitat Network East Gippsland
- Habitat Partioning by Therevids
- Habitat Quality Assessment
- Habitat Quality Index
- Habitat Quality Modifier
- Habitat Rehabilitation and Enhancement Project
- Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Project
- Habitat Restoration and Salmon Enhancement Program
- Habitat Restoration Cost Estimation Model
- Habitat Restoration Team
- Habitat Restoration Working Group
- habitat selection
- Habitat Specification
- Habitat Stability Index
- Habitat Stewardship Program
- Habitat Suitability
- Habitation à Loyer Modéré
- Habitation and Station Operations