Harrison(redirected from Harrisons)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Harrison,town (1990 pop. 13,425), Hudson co., NE N.J., a suburb on the Passaic River opposite Newark; inc. 1869. Harrison's industries include chemicals, trucking and containerized shipping, foundries, and vehicle parts. The town's manufacturing base declined during the late 20th cent., but in the early 21st cent. Harrison began an extensive mixed-use redevelopment of a third of the town. A professional soccer stadium is there.
1. Benjamin. 1833--1901, 23rd president of the US (1889--93)
2. George. 1943--2001, British rock singer, guitarist, and songwriter: a member of the Beatles (1962--70). His solo recordings include All Things Must Pass (1970) and Cloud Nine (1987)
3. Rex (Carey). 1908--90, British actor. His many films include Major Barbara (1940), Blithe Spirit (1945), and My Fair Lady (1964)
4. Tony. born 1937, British poet, dramatist, and translator: best known for his poems for television and his translations for the stage
5. grandfather of Benjamin, William Henry. 1773--1841, 9th president of the US (1841)