Plan(redirected from IEP)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
a word with various meanings in Russian, including the following.
(1) In cartography, a drawing using conventional symbols that represents on a plane a part of the earth’s surface; the scale is 1:10,000 or larger.
(2) In architecture and other fields, a horizontal cross section or top view of a building or object.
(3) In descriptive geometry, a horizontal projection.
(4) A predetermined order or sequence of carrying out a program, work project, or measure—for example, an economic plan, production plan, strategic plan, or curriclum.
(5) The scheme, design, or basic features of a written or oral work or presentation—for example, a lecture plan or the plot of a play.
(6) The way in which something is viewed, constructed, or approached—a plane or level. Examples include the phrases “on the theoretical plane” and on “on two levels.”
(7) Ground, the relative position of objects in a pictorial representation—for example, foreground, middle ground, and background; the relative dimensions of objects in a pictorial representation—for example, the word appears in the Russian terms for “close-up” and “long shot” in cinematography.
in architecture. (1) A graphic representation on a definite scale of a horizontal view of a building (or one of its floors or internal areas), a group of buildings, or a populated area as a whole or in part. Depending on its purpose, the plan may show the design of walls and supports, the arrangement of furniture, the arrangement of equipment and the layout of technological processes in industrial structures, and urban green belts and transportation networks. The plan usually characterizes the shape and configuration of a structure.
(2) A representation of the arrangement of the principal parts of a building at ground level or on different levels for multistory buildings and for groups of buildings on sloping sites.
The assembly language for ICL 1900 series computers.