(laroslav’s Court), one of the oldest parts of Novgorod, on the right bank of the Volkhov. Iar-oslavovo Dvorishche was named for the palace of Iaroslav the Wise, which was located there. In the late 11th century, after the prince’s residence was moved to Gorodishche, near Novgorod, it was one of the sites of the veche assemblies.
Architectural monuments preserved in the area include the Cathedral of St. Nicholas in laroslav’s Court (1113), the Church of St. Parasceve (1207), the Church of the Myrrh-Bearing Women (1510), the Church of St. Prokopii (1529), and the Gate Tower of the Merchants’ Arcades, which occupied a large part of the Iaroslavovo Dvorishche from the 17th century. Archaeological excavations have uncovered dwellings and outbuildings, the oldest dating from the tenth century, as well as a pre-Christian burial ground.