Institute of Integrated Automation

Institute of Integrated Automation

 

(All-Union Central Scientific Research Institute of Integrated Automation, TsNIIKA), an institute working on the most important problems of integrated automation of production processes. It was founded in 1956 in Moscow and is subordinate to the Ministry of Instrument-making, Automation Equipment, and Control Systems of the USSR. The institute has divisions in Magnitogorsk, Nizhnii Tagil, Voskresensk, Ust’-Kamenogorsk, Kharkov, Orel, Alma-Ata, Novomoskovsk, Kiev, Gomel’, Zhitomir, and Kstov. TsNIIKA works on the development of automated control systems for enterprises in the power, chemical, and metallurgical industries; it develops equipment for remote control in industry and pneumonics equipment. Since 1960 the institute has issued Voprosy promyshlennoi kibernetiki (Problems of Industrial Cybernetics; called Trudy [Proceedings] through 1968). There are postgraduate courses in the institute. In 1971 the institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

Encyclopedia browser ?
Full browser ?