Ivan Aleksandrovich Grishmanov
Grishmanov, Ivan Aleksandrovich
Born Oct. 17, 1906, in the village of Tatarinovo, in present-day Kirov Raion, Kalinin Oblast. Soviet government figure; member of the CPSU since 1929. Born into a peasant family.
Grishmanov began his career in 1924 as a carpenter in a repair and construction office in Ostashkovo, Kalinin Oblast. In 1936 he graduated from the Leningrad Civil Engineering Institute. From 1936 to 1949 he worked as a superintendent, chief engineer, and trust director of construction projects in Smolensk, Leningrad, and Pskov. From 1949 to 1951 he was president of the Kirov Raion Executive Committee in Leningrad, and from 1951 to 1955, first vice-chairman of the Leningrad City Executive Committee. From 1955 to 1960 he was on the staff of the Central Committee of the CPSU. In 1961–62 he was chairman of the State Committee for Construction of the Council of Ministers of the USSR. From 1963 to 1965 he was chairman of the State Committee for the Construction Materials Industry, a subdivision of Gosstroi (State Committee for Construction). Since 1965 he has been minister of the construction materials industry of the USSR. At the Twenty-second Party Congress in 1961 he was elected a member of the Central Committee of the CPSU. He was a deputy of the sixth through ninth convocations of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. He has been awarded two Orders of Lenin, the Order of the October Revolution, and two other orders, as well as medals.