Ivan Sergeevich Nikolaev
Nikolaev, Ivan Sergeevich
Born July 6 (19), 1901, in Voronezh. Soviet architect. Member of the CPSU since 1952.
Nikolaev graduated from the Moscow Higher Technical School in 1925, and became an instructor there in the same year. In 1925 he was also an instructor at the Moscow Construction Engineering School and at the Moscow Architectural Institute, where he served as rector from 1958 to 1970.
Nikolaev drew up the plans for weaving factories in Ivanovo, Kasimov, and Pskov (all in 1928–29). He designed textile combines in Nazilli (1934) and Kayseri (1935) in Turkey, Tirana (Albania, 1950–52), and Harbin (the People’s Republic of China, 1950–52). He was also the architect of student dormitories in the constructivist style on Kotel’nicheskaia Quay and on Ordzhonikidze Street in Moscow (both 1930–33).
Nikolaev has been awarded the Order of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and a number of medals.