Jabal Awliya

Jabal Awliya

(jäb`äl ou'lē-ä`) or

Jebel Aulia

(jĕb`əl` ou`lēə), village, E central Sudan, S of Khartoum. Nearby is a large dam (completed 1937) that is used to control the flow of the Nile to aid the Aswan Dam (see AswanAswan
or Assuan
, city (1986 pop. 190,579), capital of Aswan governorate, S Egypt, on the Nile River at the First Cataract. It is one of the driest cities in the world.
..... Click the link for more information.
) in storing water for summer cultivation in parts of Egypt.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
A SCoP activist hands a flyer to a man in a street in the suburb of Jabal Awliya, south of Khartoum on 30 September (ST Photo)
The center which is located in Mandela quarter of Jabal Awliya localiy is considered a new addition to the plans set for spreading and expanding AIDS centers in the state.
NISS's director of information department said the parade comes within the framework of assuring readiness of the troops, noting the commissioner of the locality of Jabal Awliya and commander of the military area have the attended the start of the parade.
Commissaire de a localite de Jabal Awliya : la formation professionnelle represente le pilier principal pour atteindre la renaissance et le developpement dans les divers domaines.
A member of the Popular Committee announced that the mayor of Jabal Awliya promised to resolve the water crisis in three days, and reported that the engineers working to repair faults told them that their region is fueled by Soba station at about 40% of water consumption which requires drilling of a well in every two blocks to cover the remaining 60%.
September 18, 2013 (KHARTOUM) -- The trial of Amira Osman who was arrested on August 27 while conducting business in Jabal Awliya area, in the suburbs of the capital Khartoum will resume today, her lawyers said.
The London based Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper reported that the Shi'ites rallied in Jabal Awliya suburb 40 kilometers South of Khartoum to celebrate the birthday of Imam Al-Mahdi, a messiah-like figure for the sect.