Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
The hangman did as he was bid, and was tying the cord firmly, when he was stopped by the voice of the Jewish doctor beseeching him to pause, for he had something very important to say.
On hearing the declaration of the Jewish doctor, the chief of police commanded that he should be led to the gallows, and the Sultan's purveyor go free.
We felt deeply sorry for his death, but fearing lest we should be held responsible, we carried the corpse to the house of the Jewish doctor.
"Loosen the Jewish doctor," said he to the hangman, "and string up the tailor instead, since he has made confession of his crime.
The Jewish money-changers have their dens close at hand, and all day long are counting bronze coins and transferring them from one bushel basket to another.
He had one other constant attendant, in the person of a beautiful Jewish girl; who attached herself to him from feelings half religious, half romantic, but whose virtuous and disinterested character appears to have been beyond the censure even of the most censorious.
thou must bear a conscience, though it be a Jewish one.''
His handsome aquiline nose and keen dark eyes proclaimed his Jewish origin, of which he was ashamed.
'Generous Christian master,' urged the Jewish man, 'it being holiday, I looked for no one.'
Perched on the stool with his hat cocked on his head and one of his legs dangling, the youth of Fledgeby hardly contrasted to advantage with the age of the Jewish man as he stood with his bare head bowed, and his eyes (which he only raised in speaking) on the ground.
Nachum Amsel is the director of education at the Destiny Foundation and the author of The Jewish Encyclopedia of Moral and Ethical Issues and The Encyclopedia of Jewish Values.
As executive director and co-founder of Beantown Jewish Gardens, Leora Mallach has led dozens of Jewish food workshops, taught how Jewish texts and tradition connect to food justice, built Jewish educational gardens, and organized Jewish food conferences.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Jevons, William Stanley
- Jewel bearing
- Jewel Beetles
- Jewel Box
- jewel case
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- jeweler's rouge
- Jewell Cemetery State Historic Site
- Jewell County
- jewelry alloy
- Jewelry Alloys
- Jewelry Industry
- Jewett, Charles Coffin
- Jewett, Frank Baldwin
- Jewett, Sarah Orne
- Jewett, William
- Jewett, William Cornell
- Jewish Autonomous Oblast
- Jewish Autonomous Region
- Jewish Community Centers of North America
- Jewish Cultural Festival
- Jewish Defense League
- Jewish literature
- Jewish liturgical music
- Jewish War A. D. 66–73
- Jew's Harp
- Jewsbury, Geraldine Endsor
- Jex-Blake, Sophia
- Jez, Teodor Tomasz
Full browser ?
- Jewing down
- Jewing her
- Jewing her down
- Jewing him
- Jewing him down
- Jewing me
- Jewing me down
- Jewing one
- Jewing one down
- Jewing them
- Jewing them down
- Jewing us
- Jewing us down
- Jewing you
- Jewing you down
- Jewish & Japanese Business Association
- Jewish Academic Network for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
- Jewish Academy of Metro Detroit
- Jewish Academy of Metropolitan Detroit
- Jewish Accommodation for Fellow Aged
- Jewish Activist Gays and Lesbians
- Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options
- Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Organization
- Jewish Agency
- Jewish Agency for Israel
- Jewish Agricultural and Industrial Aid Society
- Jewish AIDS Network Chicago
- Jewish Alliance Against the Occupation
- Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace
- Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action
- Jewish Alliance of Northern Dutchess
- Jewish American Bar Association
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Jewish American Princess
- Jewish ancestry
- Jewish ancestry
- Jewish Ancestry Reproductive Profile
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives
- Jewish and Holocaust Studies
- Jewish and Israeli Blog
- Jewish and Israeli Blog Awards
- Jewish Anti-Defamation League
- Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee
- Jewish Arab Center
- Jewish Arbor Day