Kazan Aviation Institute

Kazan Aviation Institute

 

a school training engineers for the aviation, instrument-making, radioelectronics, and machine-building industries. It was founded in 1932 to replace the aerodynamics division of the University of Kazan.

The institute (1972 data) has departments for the study of aircraft, aircraft engines, systems of automatic aircraft control and instrumentation, radio engineering, computer and control systems, and motor-vehicle construction; evening courses in general technology, machine building, radio engineering, and instrument-making; a graduate school; 45 subdepartments; seven laboratories for special problems and branch laboratories; and a library with 570, 000 holdings.

In the 1971–72 academic year the institute had more than 10, 000 students and more than 700 instructors, including 33 professors and doctors of sciences and 250 docents and candidates of sciences. The institute has the right to accept doctoral and candidates’ dissertations for defense. It has been publishing Trudy KAI since 1933, and since its foundation it has trained over 20, 000 specialists. It was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor in 1957.

R. SH. NIGMATULLIN

References in periodicals archive ?
His name is given to the Kazan Aviation Institute. One of the islands of Russia in the Kara Sea was named after him [3, 5].