Kideksha

The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

Kideksha

 

a village on the Nerl’ River, 4 km from Suzdal’, in Vladimir Oblast, RSFSR. An architectural ensemble of the 12th—18th centuries has been preserved in the village, including an early example of Vladimir-Suzdal’ architecture: the first white stone structure of northeastern Rus’—the Church of Boris and Gleb (1152, rebuilt in the 18th century, with frescoes from the 12th century), a cubic, single-cupola three-apse church whose monumental, fortress-like character resembles the structures of Novgorod and Pskov. Kideksha also has monuments characteristic of Suzdal’ architecture: the Holy Gates (the late 17th century and the early 18th), the Church of St. Stefan (1780), and the tent-like belfry (18th century).

REFERENCE

Voronin, N. N. Vladimir. Bogoliubovo. Suzdal’. Iur’ev-Pol’skoi [3rd ed. Moscow, 1967]. Pages 239–51.
The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979). © 2010 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.