Kiev Institute of Civil Aviation

Kiev Institute of Civil Aviation

 

founded in 1933 to train engineers with broad specializations in air transport and the operation of airports. The institute has (1972) departments of mechanical, radio, and electrical engineering, automation and computer technology, airports, economics, and fuel and lubrication materials. It also has a department for foreign students, a correspondence department, and a graduate school. The correspondence department has divisions in Irkutsk and Rostov-on-Don, and there are consultation centers in Khabarovsk, Novosibirsk, Tashkent, Alma-Ata, Minsk, Kiev, Yakutsk, and Magadan. The institute has 62 subdepartments, a research sector, a simulation center, about 300 laboratories, and a library with more than 1 million holdings.

In 1972 there were more than 14,000 students enrolled at the institute, including foreign students from 49 countries. The teaching staff of more than 650 included 53 professors and doctors of sciences and 300 docents and candidates of sciences. The institute has the right to confer doctoral and candidates’ degrees. Since its foundation the institute has trained about 32,000 specialists. In 1966 the institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

N. L. GOLEGO

References in periodicals archive ?