Kirghiz Women's Pedagogical Institute
Kirghiz Women’s Pedagogical Institute
(full name, V. V. Mayakovsky Kirghiz Pedagogical Institute For Women), founded in 1945 in Frunze as the Kirghiz Women’s Pedagogical School, it was renamed the Teachers’ Institute in 1950 and took its present name in 1952.
In 1972 the institute had departments of physics and mathematics, biology, philology, foreign languages, music, pedagogy and the methodology of primary education, preschool pedagogy, and psychology. There are also a correspondence division, 19 subdepartments, 11 training laboratories, and a library with about 250,000 holdings. In 1972 the institute had an enrollment of 3,700 students and about 200 instructors, including 54 with academic degrees and titles. The institute has been publishing Uchenye Zapiski (Scholarly Transactions) since 1955 and inter-school anthologies since 1972. Since its foundation, the institute has trained about 5,000 specialists.
N. KH. ABDUAZIZOVA